We rocked up to Santos Party House in SoHo for the Darwin Deez gig- prepared for a drink or two and a little grooving but nothing big as we were a little knackered. Wooohaaa did we underestimate the night BIG TIME. I guess, how can you not party, at a place called Santos Party House?
1# For starters, the venue was pleasantly surprising - an intimate darkened venue with a small stage and smallish dancefloor with a bar on either side. Sizing up the room and the crowd I was confident that it was going to be a pretty intimate gig. It was literally pretty cool and I'm glad I had a shawl in my bag or I might have frozen to death.
2# The Big Sissa went to the bar and came back saying her drink was free. She wasn't sure why but didn't ask questions. I went to the bar to suss it out. Apparently the bar tender didn't know why either but simply vodka was on the house for the first hour - normal rules of one drink at a time per person applied. So the Big Sissa and I swapped between the two bars and parked 3 or 4 drinks so as to make the most of the free goodness.
3# Darwin then walked through the crowd and we got the chance to have a chat and a few photos. He is heading to Australia - so watch out. He mingled in the crowd during the first 3 bands.
4# By now the Big Sissa and I were incredibly sociable - vodka will do that to you. We met SO many people. Hung with the warm up bands, made buddies with siblings of the Darwin Deez band members and danced up a storm with other new-found buddies. I was having the best time dragging everyone onto the dance floor to groove and talking up a storm. Every time I turned around there was someone cool to talk to. Made buddies with a cool couple who we are going to hang out with again - Miss P is a radio dj and blogged about the concert here. Grooved with a funny english fella who insisted on dancing and swinging me over his shoulder. Eeepa. Fun times. So fun I broke my shoes.
5# Darwin Deez played an AMAAAAZING set, with choreographed dance moves to boot. Super cute.
6# Getting a little hazy at this point.
7# Can't remember getting home, but I had a chuckle in the morning when looking through my camera at the following photos. I'm still recalling funny stories from the night that I had momentarily forgotten. All in all, a surprisingly fun night out in New York City. Surprise nights out are always the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment