It's a medieval museum that is linked to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The building was purpose built in about 1940 (I think), but houses medieval works from europe. Aside from that, it is situated on the northern tip of Manhattan, over looking the Hudson River.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Lovely day
The Cloisters - I loved it. A hot chicky babe gave me a tip off about this place and I'm glad she did.
It's a medieval museum that is linked to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The building was purpose built in about 1940 (I think), but houses medieval works from europe. Aside from that, it is situated on the northern tip of Manhattan, over looking the Hudson River.

I found some chalk.







Then I caught the M4 bus from 190th street (which is where the Cloisters is) down to 90th street which meant I was able to explore the neighbourhoods in North-West Manhattan.
The Guggenheim. Pity it was closed on a Thursday.
The Apple store on 5th. Thought I'd check out what's under the cube.
Hectic!!! Couldn't get out of there fast enough. This picture shows nothing compared with the stairs and area behind me.
Columbus Circle.

It's a medieval museum that is linked to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The building was purpose built in about 1940 (I think), but houses medieval works from europe. Aside from that, it is situated on the northern tip of Manhattan, over looking the Hudson River.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment