Sunday, July 11, 2010

Etsy Crafternoon

For those of you who have never checked out Etsy.com - do yourselves a favour. There are so many wonderful and unique handycrafts available. Sometimes you have to search for something good, other times it's right there on the home page.

At the Renegade Craft fair a few weeks ago I stumbled across the Etsy stall. I understand Etsy actually coordinated the whole Renegade Craft fair and had veto power and strict quality control of the vendors and their products. Anyways, I learned from the Etsy stall that they offered free craft nights on Mondays at their Head Quarters in D.U.M.B.O (Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass) in Brooklyn. Most weeks there is a set activity (eg: someone shows you how to crochet or how to make a wallet out of a magazine etc), but the night I went it was an open craft night - so basically I had free reign with unlimited craft supplies. Yay!

Unfortunately I was a bit time-poor so I had to settle on something relatively easy/quick. I poked around the offices (super cool- would love to work here) and then made some craft buddies in the craft room.









So - here is what I made. A necklace and two sets of earrings. I don't really like either but it was all I could think to make in the limited amount of time. It was fun though!
This is hilarious - I hope it works. The hand dryer in the Etsy bathrooms was SO strong that it flattened the skin in my hand right down to the bone. Wohaa! Talk about efficiency (and excess energy usage).

No comments:

Post a Comment