Monday, June 7, 2010

My saturday was near perfection

First up - farmers' markets in my local park.


Off to the flea markets: I discovered these little 1950's gems at the flea markets down the road - and haggled with the japanese stall owner.

I was desperate to buy this 'picasso' chair at the markets, but somehow, I think it might be an issue to bring home. *sulks*
Followed by a spot of brunch at my fave little cafe/restaurant 'Rice'. They have an extensive menu of rice dishes and lots of hearty and yummy vegetarian dishes also. I've tried to be adventurous but I just can't resist their vegetable dim sum and spicy tomato and carrot arancini.
Galleries under the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges - converted warehouse space with many many galleries and performance spaces.

Brooklyn Bridge from the 'beach' under the Manhattan Bridge.

Governor's island - just off Manhattan. It was opening weekend so the crowds got pretty massive later in the day.
I spend the afternoon drinking plenty of beers in the afternoon sun and chatting to kids. There is a local beer called Six Point which they had on tap - it was awesome. The afternoon was so blissful.

Pretty much straight vodka. Not sure if they have responsible service of alcohol ?- eeepa.

Later in the afternoon during Yeasayer's sound check - I asked the guy sitting next to me if there were warm up bands. He said yeah - our band is one of them (Delicate Steve). We had a little chat - poor fella, he was pretty nervous and so excited to see Yeasayer.

Warm up band #1 'Delicate Steve' - from New Jersey.

Warm-up band # 2 'the Keepaway'. Pretty rockin'.
Some of our concert bud-dies. Cameron, T-shirt Guy and Connor. We were right up the front next to the VIP section and were hanging out across the barricades with these cool cats for most of the evening. Funny small world - we had chats and bought a t-shirt from the tall guy yesterday in SoHo. He makes and prints the coolest t-shirts. Then he just turns up next to us at a concert. So random.

Front row. Niiiice.
We spotted the Yeasayer guitarist Jason in the subway at 1:30am and went up for a chat. He was lovely. We asked him to take our photo. Haha. We ended up pretty much walking him home - poor fella had broken his toe and was hobbling. I offered him a piggy back.
Old mate guitarist Jason in the background with the hat and beard.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. responsible service of alcohol is not required in very many states but is important to know the guidelines surrounding the sale of alcohol as well as how it is to be served and how servers should handle various situations.

    ReplyDelete