Norah Jones was giving a free concert in Prospect Park as part of the Celebrate Brooklyn Festival. So we turned up on Tuesday - read some books in the lazy sunshine and waited to enter the venue. The concert was scheduled for 8pm, and around 7:30pm we stood by the gates with 5 other people. On closer inspection of the concert posters at the entrance I noticed that Norah was scheduled for WEDNESDAY night, not tuesday (Eeepa!). No wonder there was a distinct lack of a crowd. The other 5 people and I figured out that we had all seen the mistake on the internet when we looked up the concert details. Not happy Jan!
This is me telling Norah she only has one more chance to impress.
You hear that Norah, one more chance!
The scene of what was to be Norah's concert for Celebrate Brooklyn Festival. However on
Wednesday the heavens opened and the rains fell (lots!).
It was so wet that we didn't venture out to see Norah in the end.

Friday morning heralded a sunny day in Central park with a double bill of Sarah Mclachlan and....wait for it... Norah Jones!! (she got her chance - and she impressed ;) )
Sarah McLachlan
She is so light hearted and jovial. I love her.
A little disappointed she didn't play 'icecream' - only one of my fave songs.
This is me telling Norah she only has one more chance to impress.
You hear that Norah, one more chance!
The scene of what was to be Norah's concert for Celebrate Brooklyn Festival. However onWednesday the heavens opened and the rains fell (lots!).
It was so wet that we didn't venture out to see Norah in the end.
Friday morning heralded a sunny day in Central park with a double bill of Sarah Mclachlan and....wait for it... Norah Jones!! (she got her chance - and she impressed ;) )
Sarah McLachlan
She is so light hearted and jovial. I love her.
A little disappointed she didn't play 'icecream' - only one of my fave songs.
Norah - she is so compact and cute, but very demure.
I walked out the front door of my apartment late on Friday night to find the street blocked off and a production crew setting up for filming. They were filming Mildred Pierce, a period drama mini series starring Kate Winslet and Evan Rachel Wood! I love those ladies.
I am SOO jealous. Norah is my fav!! I want to live in NYC just so I can stalk her...uh, I mean see all her local gigs.
ReplyDelete