The Big Sissa was keen to get the tourist double decker bus around the city so we could get our bearings (coincidentally we have 4 more days of bus to enjoy - we got a deal and hey, we went with the flow. Going to get to know the bus route
really really well). It was an awesomely sunny 28degree day so we got our tan on, on the top of the bus and checked out the sights of NYC.

Nom nom - m&m's. The M&M store in times square. Stay tuned for photos of 'the visit'.


FAO Schwartz -
THE toy store. Big Sissa and I had
THE BEST time playing in the dress ups and with the toys.


'Hussy Barbie', 'Beyonce Wannabe Barbie', 'New York Barbie', 'L.B.D. Barbie' - So.many.barbies.


Have you seen the movie 'BIG' with Tom Hanks? (p.s. Miss M, ask Mr O about his 'love' of Tom Hanks hehe) So I pretended to be Tom Hanks and played chopsticks on the giant piano. hehe. Me and 10 other kids had the same idea.


In the arvo we went to the Museum of Modern Art for Free Friday. But wow oh wow - the crowds were amazing. We did a quick burn around before it got too much. Will go back another day fo'sure.

We dropped back to the hostel (doorway at #635) for a quick skype chat with the parentals (to hear whether the liver transplant for my aunt is going ahead! Operation was scheduled for that day)

By then I was preeeettty hungry - so we dropped into '5 Napkin Burger' restaurant across the road from our hostel before heading to the Theatre for a cultured evening.


There are so so many options of Broadway and off broadway shows to see. We opted for rush tickets ($26 instead of $126) on the morning of the show, which also means back row seats but the theatre was pretty small.
The play starred Sam Rockwell and Christopher Walken (they always play creepy characters in Hollywood movies). It was funny, although I do have to admit to a few 40-winks in the middle as I was so so dead tired. I blame jet-lag.
Also, lining up for the ladies I spotted Patience from the Grates. I so wanted to get a photo with her but I thought it was a little creepy in the line for the toilets. So I settled for a hello.
Glad you saw Elmo. He's an institution!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2763944&l=334d917ee3&id=676015805
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=751367&l=25a3f578ac&id=676015805
Hope you're having a wonderful time!!!