When I was in NY I applied for and was basically offered a job in the Legal and Compliance recruiting section of a large international recruitment company. I mulled the offer over and decided that it wasn't my dream job and, although I'd love to live in New York, I'd prefer to have an amazing adventure touring through the US and South America than be stuck in a job I didn't love.
When the Big Sissa and I slept out in Central Park for the Shakespeare in the Park tickets, we got chatting to people in the line around us. In front of us was a woman, an insurance litigation lawyer, who had been out of work for about 6 months. She was saying she had been looking everywhere, even applying for jobs that she was over qualified for. She was also on the same train home as us, so I mentioned that I was offered the recruitment job and that I could send her the contact details if she wanted to get in touch and let them know she was interested.
So she got in touch with the recruitment company. She emailed me to tell me she was interviewed, and just today she emailed me to tell me she got the job and had been there for a week.
It's strange to think that this woman's life has taken a new direction simply because I passed on some contact details. Are you a believer in things happening for a reason?
No comments:
Post a Comment